Parking Garage Package
- Substrate Preparation + Care & Maintenance – Foxfire HD Concrete Cleaner
- Crystalline Internal Waterproofing – Foxfire Matrix Pro™
- Concrete Water Repellent – Foxfire 5000 WB Repellent
Preventing Chloride-Induced Corrosion
Foxfire Matrix Pro™ and Matrix Pro™ Plus are engineered protection for concrete surfaces that internally waterproof, cure, strengthen, seal, and purge chlorides from the slab. Foxfire Matrix Pro™ was developed as a spray-applied permanent concrete treatment for green and aged concrete surfaces. Many structures, such as parking decks, are exposed to extreme environmental conditions where the ingress of chloride ions, carbon dioxides, and moisture contribute to corrosion of the steel structure within the slab. Foxfire Matrix Pro™ is not dry shake, concrete admix, or concentrate. Instead, Foxfire Matrix Pro™ is a proprietary, penetrating, liquid, hydrophilic solution that when sprayed directly on the concrete surface is absorbed to become a permanent part of the matrix for the life of the concrete.
Corrosion & Restoration Management Strategy
- Cure and seal surface, purge chlorides, and block re-entry.
- Modify concrete to maintain permeability but resist moisture vapor transmission.
- Protect reinforcing steel to reduce the effects of chlorides and carbon dioxides when they do reach the steel structure.
- If applying cementitious toppings, pretreat concrete to enhance adhesion without altering the bond-line.
Concrete treated with Foxfire Matrix Pro does not preclude the requirement for design of crack control, construction joint detailing, proper placement, and measures for repairing defects such as honeycombing, tie holes, and cracks beyond specified limits.
Documents for Download
- ASTM E514 (Pass)
- ASTM C-672 SECTION 7 WATER ABSORPTION (Pass)
- ASTM C-672 SECTION 10 EFFLORESCENCE (Pass)
- ASTM C-666 FREEZE THAW RESISITANCE (Pass)
- ASTM C-666 SALT ATTACK RESISTANCE (Pass)
- ASTM C-192 STRENGTHENS CONCRETE (Pass)
- *DOT AASHTO-T 259 (Pass)
- *DOT CANADA NCHRP 244 (Pass)